Powerful Prayers For Our Sons
Hey sweet friends, I hope that you are having a great week so far! When I read this list of prayers by, Brooke McGlothlin, designed for boys, I knew I needed to share it with y'all. Oh my Mama's heart, if you have children, no matter the age, you know that life can be difficult, is difficult. With heavy pulls from this world all around, we need to fight the battle for the hearts of our kids. Praise God, He has not left us alone. We can find encouragement that He has equipped us, and given us His word as a promise. I truly believe the loving prayers of a Mama are the greatest gifts we can give our children, I know from experience from my own precious Mom.
I'll tell ya that God is still working on this area of my life, I've found myself voicing concerns to others about my kids before I go to Him. Yep, guilty! But He is still faithful, calling me back to Him. Reminding me that He is present, powerful, and with Him, anything is possible!
"I urge you, first of all, to pray." 1 Timothy 2:1
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Phil 4:6
He loves these babies so much more than we can imagine. These specific prayers are an excellent guide when praying for our boys.
10 Powerful Prayers to Help You Fight for the Heart of Your Son
(BY: Brooke McGlothlin, from her book, Praying for Boys: Asking God for the Things They Need Most)
1. Create in my son a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within him (Psalm 51:10).
2. May my son walk after You, God, and fear You and keep Your commandments and obey Your voice. May he serve You and hold fast to You (Deuteronomy 13:4).
3. May my son be strong and courageous and not fear or be in dread, for it is You, Lord, our God, who goes with him. You will never leave him or forsake him (Deuteronomy 31:6).
4. May my son walk before You, God, as King David walked, with integrity of heart and uprightness, doing according to all that You have commanded him and keeping Your statutes and rules (1 Kings 9:4).
5. Like Timothy, may my son be an example to believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity (1 Timothy 4:12).
6. May my son listen to the way of wisdom and be led in the paths of uprightness (Proverbs 4:11).
7. Lord, be with my son in trouble; rescue him and honor him (Psalm 91:5).
8. May my son honor his father and mother… (Ephesians 6:2).
9. May my son have love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith (1 Timothy 1:5).
10. May my son think on whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is commendable; if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, may he think about these things (Philippians 4:8).
What a powerful list of prayers! May we fight the good fight friends with the most powerful weapon we have. His Word. Love you guys. Praying for you today.